Thursday, October 27, 2011

I Have A Tummy Ache (Fall Break Part IV)

OKAY LAST ONE! I'll make it quick! I'll try my hardest! As always, so you don't get left in the dust here, I'll give you links to Parts I, II, and III.


Basically all you're missing on the Fall Break front is a lovely place where you can easily get shipped to a sugar coma.

Looks fancy, right?

The lovely Emily had told us about this a couple weeks before we left for Break, so we got our tickets ahead of time. Let me tell you, this was a nice Day After Disney recovery. This is one of (if not the) the largest chocolate festivals in the world. There's also a branch in New York City in November. So you know. If you're going to be up there for that, I would highly suggest going to see it.

We walked in and were TOTALLY overwhelmed. First of all, there were SO MANY STANDS. People were there to offer you chocolate literally everywhere. There were chocolate fountains, chocolate art, a fashion show, baking demonstrations, phallic chocolate; it literally had everything I could want and more. We tasted a lot of stuff and were a little caught up with eating and I didn't take SUPER many pictures. But I do have some!

This is insane. Like Food Network in person.

That fountain has Rome's fountains beat.

There's pineapple and banana in there. Healthy. Duh.

MACARON TOWER. And tree in the background.

The best thing I tasted there. It wasn't even chocolate.

So we spent a good three hours there navigating aisles of chocolate and goodness. We walked away with only a few purchases, lest we spend all of our money on chocolate. Because, really, who would do that? It should be noted the pictures were taken back in Rome. If there's any confusion.

Strawberry mousse filled chocolate thing.

I just think this is a funny picture.

SO MUCH FUN!

Macarons are the best. If you ever get in a fight with me, buy these and I'll forgive you in two seconds. We only have two left now, but they were SO FUN trying. You'll also like to know that Paul and I chose this specific booth to get them at based on the fact that they have a cerulean one. You can see the crumbs. 

One lesson that we learned here is that if you don't speak a language, you should probs just ask tell them, rather than standing there confused. This one lady called us out on it for having her "making wind at us." But ah well. We learned. She was also at a stand that made chocolate with olive oil instead of butter. It was tasty and better for you!

Wasabi covered chocolate...not so much.

So we had an early flight the next morning, so we wrapped up Paris with a walk down Avenue des Champs-Élysées towards the Arc de Triomphe because we hadn't seen it yet.

WOULDN'T YOU KNOW? Joe Jonas was in town! Lots of chanting fans! So. We were in Paris with Joe Jonas. Aw. Yeah. ....?

Things have a knack of being crooked when I photograph them.

Naturally, we also went out to dinner that night. More free bread. Salmon. Duck. Potatoes. Fries. Rice. YUMMY.

SO MUCH FOOD.

The night ended with the crepe fairy delivering a banana and Nutella crepe to the most amazing person ever (Emily). Paul and I had one too. It was a lovely end to a break that was so great and wonderful. 

I hope you weren't too bored reading it. And regular posting will come back soon, I swear. Paul's birthday is on Saturday. So I've got prep work to do. But I promise I won't neglect you too badly.

The crepe fairy is AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment