Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Lesson From Dancing

So anybody that has spoken to me for more than two seconds knows that I am head over heals in love with dance. The number one reason I am excited for school to start up again is my dance team. I won't shower you with another picture of them, but you've seen them before if you've read my blog at all. So when I was asked to help choreograph with one of my girls last night I absolutely said yes.

So much love. :)

So I trekked over to the studio (have I mentioned how much I am in love with Philadelphia?) super excited and ready to go.

And then I got really nervous.

I haven't danced in forever, what if I suck something awful? I totally lost most of my flexibility, I cannot see this going well. I can't choreograph! Why did I offer to help? I suck. Blah. Blah.

Not the best thoughts in the world to be thinking. In fact, those are downright awful thoughts to be thinking. Regardless of how much I pride myself in being self-confident, it turns out that I'm my own biggest critic here. Not a groundbreaking discovery, but definitely something that I need stopped right away. Because A) I do not suck at dancing, B) If I lost flexibility, that just means I need to get it back, and C) Shut up, I CAN choreograph.

So I'm going to stop all that. It's a disgusting habit.
  • Stop telling yourself that you suck. It's gross.
  • Stretch every single day and keep in mind that no excuse will ever be good enough. 
  • Throw in some yoga to the rotation. It's good for you and can't hurt.
CAPISCE? Capisce. (No. That's not Italian. Sorry.)

Also. You should plan to come see our show at the end of the semester. Because it's awesome. And we support NEDA (the National Eating Disorders Association) and it's really fun. Also, we're very good at dancing.

MAKE YOUR PLANS NOW.

 
Spoiler Alert: It. Will. Be. Epic. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment