Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tilt, Tuck, Tighten

I was reminded of that quite a few times today when I was trying out Hip Hop Abs with Shaun T. Thanks to my fellow Princess Abby I got to try it out.

Thanks, Amazon.
Last night I was absolutely pumped to try it, but I figured I'd try to sleep first. So first thing this morning I decided to try the Fat Burning Cardio section and, at the suggestion of Abby, watched the Secrets to Flat Abs first. That's where I was introduced to the Tilt, Tuck, Tighten concept. As a dancer, I was generally familiar with keeping your abs engaged during any sort of hip hop move, but it was nice to get a reminder.

Also, constant reminders while I was working out. :)

I liked it as far as my first impressions go. I didn't get as sweaty as he did, but perhaps that's through no fault of my own. It was fun and for somebody who hasn't danced in a century, it was great to get back into the instruction. Because I know when I get back to school, my butt will be kicked. I'll be trying the rest before I go back to school because I'm trying to make a decision about what exactly my Beachbody purchase will consist of.

Paul and I are both pretty set on this sucker. (Photo: Amazon)
As soon as we move in (that's another blog post), we'll be making a purchase. And I'm pumped.

Other things I need to do today: go to the Verizon store, hit up Wal-Mart, run, and do a lot (times seventy) of packing.

Oh. How I love to pack.

Or not. 

But I'll have this on my soundtrack all day. What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction. My sister shouts British Invasion. It's a happy song and you should give it a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment