Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Case of the No-Good Tuesdays

I'm a generally good spirited sort of gal. So it kind of freaks me out when I get into a slump. And slump, please meet Tuesday. I can't even be sure why you're here. I just know you're here and you're in full force and I'm not quite sure what to do about it.

I'm 21 years old, right? I'm taking summer classes, interning, and I have a part time job. I'm not having an issue handling the commitments. I am a hard working, busy girl, and I love it. And I don't want this post to come across as whining. And I don't want to seem like a petty girl. Even though in the grand scheme of the entire world YES THESE ARE PETTY.

But anything that moves me to wanting to fold up into my couch and cry for a very long time doesn't feel so petty at the time.


Friends. If you are really upset over something you may seem stupid. Stop it. It's important to you, and therefore not so stupid. If anybody tells you otherwise, send them to me.

My health and well-being is INCREDIBLY important to me. And my sanity is a huge, huge part of that. Without it, I'm never going to reach my FitFluential goal! So when I see myself behaving like this, something has to be done.

What do you do when you're in a job (even though it is part time) that goes against every single fiber of your beliefs? Sure. I work at Rita's. I'm a healthy nut. Have you seen the ingredients list on the mix for Rita's? Probably not. And you might want to keep it that way. I'm not frowning on Rita's because I have no place to. But I can't get 100% behind what I'm doing. So there goes motivation strike one.

What do you do when you are having problems with the social aspect of work? Obviously, I'm not going to go into great detail here. But I get very upset at work a lot of the times. AND nothing is being done to change it. That frustrates me to no end. Motivation strikes two and three.

Every single fiber of my being is telling me to quit this job.

But I need the money so badly, it's not even funny. College students aren't made of money you know. So I'm trying. I'm craigslisting, I'm calling, etc etc etc. But nothing's turning up. Obviously, I'm going to keep trying because I can't put up with this much longer.

I know people have it worse off than me. There are people in the same position as me with higher stakes. I know that. But I can't do anything to change them. They're trying just as hard as I am to get out and if they aren't, they've gotta be the ones to do so. I can't make it any better for them. 

So how do you save your sanity? Are there any tricks? Anything? I'm looking for some help here. And I'll return to my bubbly self as soon as possible. But I have to get through this slump first.

PHILADELPHIA, HIRE ME.

On the bright side, congratulations to my sister that graduated high school last night. Good luck with the big "Next Chapter!"

That's sisterly support right there.

What do you do when you're feeling stuck? Help me outta here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment