Friday, June 1, 2012

Hey June

WELCOME, JUNE. I am so excited that the J-month season is here. Not January. You know what I mean. I don't have much to report on today, but I'd like to come up with three goals that I want to achieve this month! I think three is a nice number to start with. Also it doesn't seem like a crazy overwhelming number. So without further ado!

  • Strength train at least 2x a week. So I follow this amazing woman, Kelly Olexa, on Twitter. She's the founder of FitFluential. And she tweeted something about how she wishes people would stop wanting to "tone up" and start wanting to be strong. Obviously, I have nothing against the phrase toning up (or I wouldn't have bought their plan for $150 ;)), but I think she's on the right track. You gotta WORK for it. And I want it. So I'm gonna work! I put out a help call on Twitter and was pointed in the direction of Workout Nirvana. I've been plodding around her blog and doing some planning. 

  • Stretch every day for a month. I've mentioned on here before how I've been doing some yoga now and again. But during a period of time that I'm not dancing excessively, I gotta stay a little bit bendy!

  • Run for fun! I have a Color Me Rad run in Philly coming up on the 17th. And I only know how to train to be stressed and to doubt myself. I shatter that self-doubt as soon as I start the race. But this is a FUN 5k! And my first! So no stress. Just gotta have fun! In my tutu!

  •  Bonus: Try my darndest to pass my personal training certification. I certainly don't know everything about fitness. But I'm learning! And I'm studying! But if I don't get it the first time around, it won't be the end of the world. And I'm not just saying that so I don't fail. I promise!
And so that's it! That's all I have to say for today! :)

What are your goals for this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment