Monday, April 16, 2012

The Cure

I just want to say thank you to the two geniuses that came up with the seven day stretch challenge. I knew I needed to give a portion of my time to stretching today to stick with the challenge, but I needed it for so many more reasons today.

I'm in that weird post-stretch state of mind where I kind of feel like I'm floating. I put on a playlist of Goo Goo Dolls for a half hour and just let go into my body and deeper into my stretch.

I sound like such a crazy.

So this is just my quick day update. I was really excited and happy. Did my Bikini Challenge for the day. Went through my classes. Spent some time in the city with Laura. Ate froyo. Went to dance. Came home really stressed and unhappy. So I sat down with good old Roll-E.

This is what he looks like. I love him.

I went through about fifteen minutes rolling my poor legs out and then continued for another fifteen with some stretching out. I feel bendy and satisfied. Not quite happy, but calm.

Content.

Come join me. Stretch at least for four minutes to this song!

How does stretching make you feel? Am I the only one who feels like this afterwards? Can you even understand a word I'm saying? GO STRETCH.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just found your blog through Bess Be Fit and the stretching challenge! How do you like your textured foam roller (I don't know what it's actually called haha)? I have a smooth one and I really like it but I was wondering what the ridges do. Does it intensify the stretch/ hurt more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still a good old foam roller but the brand that I have is called TheraRoll. I feel like it really kneads into my muscles more than a smooth one. So it definitely hurts more for me, but I love it. More like knuckles massaging you that a roller. :)

      I should probably do some research as to how much they actually differ, but that's my opinion!

      Delete