Friday, September 2, 2011

Best Gelato Ever.

I figured I should probably not overwhelm people with million word entries about my life over here. So I've decided to shorten it to maybe one day at a time, yes? Today was a nice day, nothing too exciting happening, except for the fact that we're in Rome. You know. This morning was laptop configuration at the school and since I'm an ever important Mac user, I got the later time slot! HOORAY FOR SLEEPING!

Before leaving, I met up with some other Mac users and we made our way to the market. I love this market already. I figured out the word for butter is burro, I successfully made the word for peach plural, and I learned how to say garlic. I'm making friends with the workers already. It's kind of like I'm that endearing American who can't really function in Italian, but tries really hard anyway. It's really awesome that they try so hard! Instead of having a one-sided conversation with me today, one of the guys was able to speak in Italian and have me understand while I bumbled along in English showered with random Italian. Throwing yourself into it really is the best way to learn and I love it.

The market! I was THAT American.

CHEESE!! Formaggio :)

Can anyone tell me what fruit this is?

Laptops meant meeting other Mac users and branching out, so that was fun! Then at six we had a meeting with our lovely Italian man Gianni. He told us all the cool places to go in Rome, which clubs to go to when, some insider Italian information, and how to travel all around while we're here. I definitely want to go to the beach for the day, which my Metro pass helps me get to. AWESOME. He also said something about this place called Old Bridge. 

My roommate, Leann, and the best gelato in Rome.

SO GOOD. HANDS DOWN MOST AMAZING THING EVER. Even though I compared the whipped cream to Claude's, which is better. I'm such an ice cream snob. I also got a huge nosefull of Nutella gelato and I can still smell it. Whatever. I can deal with it. I got strawberry, Nutella, and pineapple. It was amazing. I'll be there everyday. It's a problem again.

While we're at it, this is Sarah! The other roomie. :)

After dessert, it was time for dinner (That's how life works, isn't it?). Paul and I made such delicious pasta with olive oil, butter, and garlic. Of course there was cheese on top of it. ALSO. His roommate gave us a taste of his wine. IT'S SO GOOD. It tastes exactly like apple juice and nothing else. So I am ALL FOR IT. So delicious.

Now we're off to explore the night, and I'm supposed to be ready in four minutes. So we'll see how that one goes. Speed dressing, I suppose.

Also, really quickly. I got a little Templesick today. We were talking about dancing and flash mobs and fun. And I just want to say hi to all of my InMotion ladies. I love you guys so much and I miss you dreadfully. But all is well! I just wanted to let you all know, I am NOT superhuman, and homesickness is real. REAL, I TELL YOU. But I still love Rome. :)

My lovely ladies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment