Sunday, September 11, 2011

This is Sad Just So You Know

It's there. And it's in Italian. You just can't see it well.

So, just in case anybody reading this is in a really good mood, please don't read this. If you want to do some remembering, totally read this. I promise I'll post about Rome tomorrow, because yesterday was a really nice day! I just have something more important to blog about today, and I don't want it to be on Facebook.

A lot of people today are mourning about America and what happened ten years ago. It's absolutely insane that it was already ten years ago that I was a fifth grader riding home on my bus oblivious to what had happened in New York.

It's even more insane that we're finally at the point in the year we never thought we'd make it to.

There is a very special group of people who, at this time last year, I slept in on a floor with. Yes, in Towers. Give or take fourteen people on any certain night. I'm positive I can fit all of these people into a clown car.

There's a special group of people that we managed to get on a bus and drive for almost a full day to get to lovely Manhattan, Kansas.

I did warn you. I said special.

There's a group of people in that town of Manhattan, Kansas that I now count as part of my family in a way.

There's a very, very small group of people that saw a shooting star in that town of Manhattan, Kansas. That was my first shooting star. And that same group of people shared the same excitement that I did. (Hi Christa and Oystein. Sorry I couldn't make your name look as nice as it sounds. ;))

There's a set of people that helped me an awful lot this past year that expands past any of these groups I've mentioned, and I want to thank you too.

Really what I'm trying to say is, I love you all and I thank you so incredibly much for being there for me and helping me through this year. I super needed some friends and family, and you guys did not disappoint. 

Special thanks to my roommates who let my comfort buddy sleep on my couch last night. And special thanks to that buddy for hugging me when I was crying like a baby seal last night. It happens, it's not attractive, but you took care of it. So thank you for that. And everything else, but you know that already. And sorry to those roommates if my aquatic creature sounds woke you up.

I miss you all and love you all especially today, and even though I'm in Rome, I am very much here for you. And if you need me I'll be here. :)

But there is a very special boy I need to say thank you to.

That's right. I brought out the whipped cream.

Kevin Coffey, jeez, do I have a lot to thank you for. Thank you for having amazing friends and family that I got to know so well. Thank you for bringing us all together and making us so close, figuratively and literally. Thank you for making me smile. Thank you for dancing with me. Thank you for educating me. Thank you for taking the brunt of my birthday whipped cream pie. Thank you for your profound knowledge of the public transit system. Thank you for inspiring me with your travel; even though I couldn't be in Paris today, I'm buying my plane tickets quite soon. Thank you for being a genius. Thank you for singing Lady Gaga with me. Thank you for your butt dance. Thank you for loving Single Ladies, when I couldn't find the heart to. Thank you for putting up with me. Thank you for laughing at Nichole with me when people thought it was bad. Thank you for being awkward. Thank you for Mad Libs. Thank you for that time you read the lyrics to rap songs. Thank you for teaching me how to concentrate. Thank you for hating babies. Thank you for being in my room all the time, especially until late hours. Thank you for loving Ikea. Thank you for hating professors and letting me hear about it. Thank you for banana peels. Thank you for being a hard worker. Thank you for inspiring me and kicking my butt to run. Thank you for hydrating me with Nalgenes. Thank you for singing Message in a Bottle to me. Thank you for making me a better person. Thank you for kicking me in the butt in general when it comes to my life. Thank you for getting me to the zoo. Thank you for posing like a flamingo with me. Thank you for my birthday cartwheel that I still have a video of. Thank you for building that pumpkin. Thank you for absolutely everything under the sun that you've influenced, changed, passed by in, or anything in my life. There is no way I can list them all here, but I can promise you I think about them and love and appreciate them. But you know that, I'm sure.

Thank you for chicken.

It was a very sad time a year ago, and losing you was about the roughest thing I had to go through. But you left me with a super strong support group, and I love you for that. I even love that stupid bus because it was taking you where you wanted to go. I'm sad, yes, but most of all I'm happy. I'm happy I got to know you and so happy about how you've changed my life. Thank you thank you thank you. I miss you terribly and I love you even more than that. But thank you.

But most especially, Kevin. I have to thank you for your shooting stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment