Thursday, May 17, 2012

All or Nothing

I've been doing some thinking. I've been feeling guilty for not starting Tone It Up as soon as I bought it. And I'm also feeling bad for not posting some incredible insane workouts that I'm doing. Especially because I know FitFluential is watching me. ;)

Stressing over this is not good in my life! I promise you!

I've been really struggling with the All or Nothing principle here. In my brain, the situation has to be absolutely perfect, or I will fail and need to start over again. Is that completely ridiculous? Yes. But it's the fear of that failure that holds me back sometimes.

And I know it holds all of you back every once in a while too!

I've been doing some reading at work, as per suggestion of Clare from Fitting it All In.


I'm not overly religious, even though I went to Catholic school for a huge chunk of my life. I was very hesitant about the title and didn't want to be preached to. And it isn't doing that at all. And I'm also gaining stuff from it on a completely other level. I've learned a lot about myself!

And you'll get a post on all of that later. :)

The point is: I feel like I need to be the absolute shining star of perfection when it comes to fitness. Being a personal trainer sort of begs that of you. Same goes for nutrition. I want to instill excellent ideals in everybody all around me and I can't do that when I'm scarfing down wings.

But I am 21 years old. I am TRYING. I can't expect to be perfect right off the bat. And so while I may not be blowing anybody away with new information here, I'm working on the fundamentals of change. You know. Baby steps.

I have my meals planned out for today, for instance. I've got my internship in an hour and then I head straight to Rita's for a closing shift. I need to have organization or I might fall back on some unhealthy choices. Whole Foods is on the way to work! And while I might not have oodles of nutrition falling out of my fridge (because it's quite empty, to tell you the truth), that doesn't mean I have to fall back on fast food.

I'm also not going to struggle through today in heels because I'm walking to work and if I walk a little swifter, all the better for my heart rate. There's deodorant in my bag, so there's no need to worry.

I finally bought a bike lock and a helmet. Next week begins my commuting to school, internship, and work. It's going to be a lot of time on that bike. And I'm scared! I am terrified to ride in Philadelphia traffic. But it's better for me in the long run (assuming I don't get hit), so I'm going to make that healthy choice!

You see? Choices like those that aren't groundbreaking. But they aren't any small task either. And dangit, I am proud. I will get to that uber-knowledgeable state. But I've gotta start with the foundation, or nothing's going to stick.

I guess third grade lessons are important.

Something else that's important?



This was about third grade. Maybe later. But it's been stuck in my head ever since I titled this post. So listen to it and have a great day. :)

What small steps are your foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment