Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Leftovers

This is going to sound slightly crazy, I know. But today was one of those days that I woke up and I was excited to eat my leftovers.

I know.

Last night, Paul and I made the No-Bake Summer Lasagna from Everyday Food: Light. We happened to make it with pasta because we have bunches and bunches of it. So the nutritional facts from the book were probably a bit off. But it still tasted deeeelicious. It had tomatoes in it so I'm super proud I ate it. And enjoyed it. :)

Yes, well, here it is.

Back in January when we moved in, I had a Barnes & Noble giftcard and I thought it would be nice to pick out a cookbook. Paul chose this one after standing in front of the fancy "New Year New You" table for a good amount of time. So according to his methodology, it's the perfect fit.

You'll notice that this is not Tone It Up. I know how it goes with excuse making and "Start right now!!!" but I really am waiting until next Monday. I just don't think it is a good idea this week to make myself a hundred more times cranky than I would be by messing with my diet. If you catch my drift. So I'm printing everything out this weekend and grocery shopping on Sunday. I'm really, really excited about it and I can't wait to share!

I'm off to run a bunch of errands. I need to pick up a book to read at work, because I'm not sure what I would do without it and I FLEW through Still Missing. And then I'll be at Rita's. Yippeee.

But at least I'll have a yummy dinner!

Do leftovers make your day as much as they make mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment